TV Forum » TV Show Chat » What did you think?

appara2

Hey Laura! Are you stilll watching New Amsterdam...or is all the preaching getting to you too?

The writers are making Max look like even more of a fooI than they normally do, I am not sure where they are going with Max, but OMG painting the floor, in the middle of the day in a main area of the hospital. Was he fishing for more patients to fill some of the empty beds? 3 years on the job and he's never met the 'Equity Officer' before, and she's stayed? Even though he's totally ignored her? LOL

And Sharpe? I can understand her stepping back from her job in the hospital, but dumping Shin because her neice is coming to live with her? The girl is almost an adult, able to cook, clean and look after herself, not a baby. I wonder who they will bring in to replace her?

The only part I really enjoyed was the return of Juliette!! Man that young girl can bring the creepy!!

appara2

This Pilot episode of [b]Rebel [/b]was entertaining. She's somewhat over the top, but so was Brokovich. There are lots of family/friend/coworkers/husbands - it's going to take a bit to get to know them all!

I enjoyed Mary McDonnell. The last I remember her is when she took over Major Crimes, where at first I wasn't impressed and then really came to like her in the role! LOL

appara2

Spotted this headline today-
'Bones' Emily Deschanel Is Joining Nathan Fillion's The Rookie For An Important Role

I was NOT expecting that ending for last nights episode! Of course, now the show is on a brief hiatus until the beginning of May!

laura1

hi Appara

yeah I'm still watching new amsterdam, the preaching is getting a bit annoying! but I still the show.
Max is an idiot! LOL! as for the 'Equity Officer' that noone knows about was kinda funny,

It didn't make any sense with Sharpe splitting up with the doctor to look after her niece like you said she's not a baby that needs her 24/7!! and by the looks of it she's going to regret it.

Dr iggy is getting on my nerves! the whole me me me thing is getting old! get on a diet or get help and stop waning!

I'm sad that Kapoor is not coming back :( he was the best part of the show.

Juliette is CREEPY scary! LOL! but I love her.

laura1

I haven't seen rebel is it good?

Why is the rookie always on breaks???? it makes you want to stop watching!!
it was a good episode the part about Nolan's teacher was scary, wonder if the student was responsible? hope they don't leave it like that. I would be nice to see who was the bad guy.

The new rookies were interesting the one that got kicked out for shooting his gun made me smile! the other one made my eyes roll up! so boring!! hope she's gone for ever! the show is getting a bit preachy too don't you think?

laura1

Have you seen [b]The Falcon and the Winter Soldier [/b]?

appara2

I'm liking [b]Rebel[/b]! Only 2 episodes in, and even though she has 3 racially diversified children I haven't yet figured out who is LGBTQ. This may be the first show in a long time that doesn't feel the need to have one of everything?

It seems that every show now has an agenda and trying to 'fix' the world. I can deal with the subtle threads in the storyline, but some of my fave shows are cramming it down my throat! Thank god for FastForward!

I don't think [b]The Rookie[/b] is done with that storyline yet. It wrapped up just a little too easy and I think the we will see more - the supremist group is still out there?
I absolutely love Chen! She is just so easy to read, her face and body language are so expressive!!

[b]Falcon and Winter Soldier[/b], besides being on a channel I don't subscribe to, is not on my watch list. I'm not really a fan of the Marvel Universe, altho I did watch Arrow, mainly for the eye candy! LOL

laura1

the good doctor episode was ....not going to spoil in case you didn't see it...but damn we have to wait 13 days for the next episode!!! I'm really getting fed up with all the breaks!!!

appara2

I hear ya Laura! Seems like they are stretching out the episodes to make all this years shows last as long as they can! Oh well, it is what it is!!

Leah's pregnancy was due for some drama, it was going along way too smoothly LOL!!
I enjoyed this episode, it didn't seem quite so preachy? It actually acknowledged that there just might be 2 sides to an issue.
Also, wasn't there a protest/rally last year where 2 children were shot? or did I just see too many ads for this episode of the show....

appara2

Oh wow, I don't know why I'm still tuning in to watch [b]New Amsterdam[/b]! Perhaps it's because I have such fun picking it apart? LOL

Max is out and about - chasing free internet and then discovering that people with no internet also have no gadgets that need the internet, so then he's on a mission to supply computers to be used for the free internet?
Meanwhile, the job he should be involved with is being handled by a virtual newbie to the hospital Dr. Kao? (I wonder how long it will take before they fire the new head of neurology? LOL) Also, I predict a custody battle coming up in the near future?
I hope that Iggy goes on an extended holiday and they bring in a replacement. The best part of this episode (for me) was Sharpe mapping out the route for the cancer couple so that he could still get his treatments, since he wasn't giving up on their trip.

laura1

custody battle? do you mean with Luna and the grandparents? yeah grandma is a bit possessive!
getting internet for all those people and they don't have PC was funny! and the part where the old lady sees the pop-up for cures, that whole conversation for so funny and oh so true! but the idea of a special site with doctors to help was awesome.

Dr Kao is in some serious trouble with the new neurological doctor. She was a bit to quick to hire her without the interview.

I agree Iggy needs to go! he's getting annoying almost as the breaks! LOL!

Sharpe di a wonderful think with the couple she really cares about her patients, that niece of hers needs some good spanking! she needs to learn some respect.

oh and at the end where Dr Bloom and homeless Dr. hold hands wonder if they are lesbians? I mean we have everything else! LOL!!

appara2

Yes, when Max made the effort to be home from the hospital to read her story and the Grandma had already put her to bed I could see a problem. They raised her for quite a while (not sure how long it was supposed to be) and now Max came and took her back but is still too busy with work to spend quality time ......
I don't think Bloom is over Reynolds- the heart doctor - even though he is supposed to be getting married? So I hope they don't start with the lesbian relationship! and I'm not sure why they are still treating Reynolds like a visitor?

The pop-ups were way too funny, and too true!! My hubs every now and again will click on an ad down the side of facebook and then start cursing!
We have a 'health link' number here in my province. When they announced the first rounds of vaccines the phone lines were overwhelmed, as was the web page! It is still kind of disorganized but it's getting better. I'm now in the 'older' group that doesn't qualify, and with the variants hitting younger people they have dropped to that target age for the vaccines that we do have.

laura1

the resident ending was so sweet!

laura1

I'm DONE with new Amsterdam! ....preach preach preach!!
how about you?

laura1

Interesting that you have a 'health link' number to call, we don't have anything like that here sadly.
Yes this new Indian strand is awful, the strand reached us a few days ago...will this nightmare ever end??

appara2

I really do enjoy [b]The Resident![/b] I thought Nic was going into labor in this episode, but it must be coming up next week? I agree...Conrad would not make a very good surgeon! Did you see the way he was doing her polish??? LOL
I hope they bring Mina back somehow, I liked her and the Raptor together. Plus, I'm not sure the new resident really knows what she's letting herself in for... with him as her mentor? LOL

I'm done with [b]New Amsterdam[/b] too. Max is not fit for the job..and I'm not sure what his job is anymore. Iggy has no boundaries or professionalism with his clients, Sharp putting her teenage niece in charge of confidential charts and files? and Refugee doctor comes out of the closet and so does Lauren? Why were the students deciding the professors surgery. She verbally said she was DNR and therefore should have been sent home? Max should just blow up the hospital and give the land back to the natives!

I'm still on the fence with [b]Clarice, [/b]it's coming back again tomorrow after weeks of repeats, not sure why CBS was pushing so hard for this show to be fan favorite?

laura1

I agree Conrad would be a terrible surgeon! LOL I also hope they bring Mina back I think they might as she is still the the opening credits. Raptors mom is doing good with the treatment and maybe he'll figure out a way for Mina to come back fly to Africa and get Mina! that would be so romantic and sweet!! right??

New Amsterdam was HORRIBLE! all that shit! Max has become unbearable, Iggy is all me me me! and terrible at his job, Laurel is now a lesbian (why I don't know) and the native americans should be offended watching this episode! they made them look like idiots! The only interesting part was the ending with iggys husband and that crazy patient he sent away. But I don't think it's enough to keep me watching the show.

Chicago Med is way better and there's NO preaching!

appara2

I spend too much time yelling at my TV with [b]Chicago Med[/b]. Too many of the doctors / nurses cross that ethical line, and they skate away with no consequence. I know they have to have controversy to make it interesting, but Will should have been fired long ago. Natalie should be in jail now, but Will is going to cover for her when he finds out. And Sharon should have been told to leave as soon as they found out she was the cause! Arggghhh! LOL

laura1

LOL!! true!!...but it's better than the constant preaching! and Marcel Crockett is such a good eye candy!

appara2

What would any show be without some eye candy?!?! LOL

[b]Greys [/b]is running out of stories and past characters to bring back. I found myself fast forwarding through most of the episode...again.
[b]Station 19 [/b]too is losing my interest, no action/rescues, it's just more people problems!

And now they are taking a break for 2 weeks, maybe they will pick up the pace when they return....

ShareTV® - The Online Television Community
About Us | Contact | Forum
[Switch to Desktop Version]