TV Forum » TV Show Chat » The Good Doctor

laura1

who's the guy Clair went out on the date? I don't remember him....
it's good to see she's getting back to being herself again.

I too agree with the decision Lin made, the boy was just 16 and the mentor wasn't exactly healthy, the also had kidney problems....come to think of it both of them were not very healthy!

I liked the way Leah confronted Shaun head on! I think he wants to have a romantic relationship at all costs because Leah challenges Shaun daily, while Carly just loved him for him, and was more accommodating and submissive. Don't you think so?

appara2

I don't remember exactly when it happened, but Claire had a friend from college that came in with ovarian cancer, married to Dash. She was in extreme pain, and terminal. Claire talked the team into removing the tumor, which increased her life another few months? She made Claire promise to go on a date with Dash, she wanted someone for him after she was gone. From what I remember, they had an awkward date but there was also chemistry.

laura1

now that you mention it I do remember! thanks :)
yeah they went on the first date when she was still alive.

laura1

wow! that was so emotional!

appara2

Somebody better get Shaun into therapy/anger management! Considering he basically raised himself, I can see where he would have a hard time with being told he can't do/have something. I question if he should be in that job. When he's calm he is amazing, but when he is disturbed....WOW!

Interesting cases this week! I am really liking Lin more and more!
And Melendez less and less...Claire makes him a better person?? WTH!!

laura1

Shaun went crazy there with Leah, but the good thing he didn't loose control! that says a lot.
He got closure by tell her how he felt now he can move on! I hope now that he single there will be less personal stories about him and more about him being a doctor! I am getting a bit annoyed with the sex life of his.

All the case were interesting, I agree I too like Lin and Melendez less! that whole speech about how Claire makes him a better surgeon and person was out of line, and sending her the wrong message.
Now she thinks she's in love with him!
He should have kept it professional since the start.

I agree with Glasman that it's a stupid idea for Morgan gets her hand surgery, she should just change profession.

appara2

Morgan is so smart, she would be great at anything she would choose to do. From what I understood about the surgery that once it's done the joints of her fingers will continue to deteriorate more? To me, it's not up to her to decide that she can get right back into the OR and be putting innocent people at risk because she isn't having a good day with her illness?! Lin gave her that last surgery as a kindness to her, I don't think she realized that Morgan has already had issues in the OR?

laura1

this is back, with the pandemic! hope it doesn't last longer that two parts.
I know it's a hospital drama but I'd rather see other stories that be reminded of the horrible situation we're all in.

appara2

8 months ago we were both sick of Shaun's sex life..and look where the show went again! That best be the end of it!! LOL

It was disturbing to watch the beginning of the pandemic, and the 'behind the scenes' look at how the medical staff was blindsided by it. I never once thought of the massive amount of quarantine for personal belongings!
They did a good job showing the extremes of personal lives. The Glassman's sheltering in place and feeling the stress of 24/7, and others staying apart to protect their loved ones.
I did cheer for Lin when she told that girl in the elevator to put her mask on! LOL
I wonder if Park will still move back with his family or stay? Life with Shaun won't be easy!

Also, weeks after the pandemn hit the staff and patients in the 'non-covid' areas with no masks? Even here the minute you walked up to the doors of the hospital, no matter where you were headed, it was mandatory masks!

I live in a small city, population under 20,000 and we currently have 16 cases. For the longest time we were under 10, all recovered, but now with more people travelling again our numbers will likely continue to rise.
The worst is the spread of rumours. Here, a worker in a senior home tested positive, and suddenly on the news we had an outbreak!. Reality was, she hadn't been at work, nobody, including the co-workers, was exposed! Because of mis-information, the home went on lock down and it took 3 days before family could resume their visits to loved ones!

laura1

yep Shawn likes SEX! ...WE GET IT ENOUGH!!!! LOL *eyes roll*
Also t found it wierd that there was a non-covid part of the hospital were noone wore a mask, here too you haave to wear a mask when entering a hospital....guess they needed that to show that there are patients asintomatic to deal with next week.
It wasn't a bad episode, but not a great one either.

laura1

glad to see that it went back to normal episodes, I liked the speech he gave at the beginning of the episode.
the episode was nice.

appara2

I am very much okay with them moving away from the Covid-centric stories, but I also expected to see or hear at least some little reference to the pandemic. It was a complete 360 from this episode to the previous one!!

Having Freddie Highmore speak before the episode, and stress that Covid social distancing and behaving responisibly is still very much high priority, I love his British accent, it definitely caught my attention!
So, do we have all the sexual orientations, genders and races covered with the addition of the new residents? Not sure who they went with in the end, I just hope none of them are too quirky!! I thought that the newbie overstepping with her view of the breast surgery should have gotten her kicked off the case! For a 17year old she stood up for herself really well.

laura1

I'm glad they did a 360 with the covid, these days more than ever tv shows need to detract and entertain people from all the horror that we are in.

This thread has been closed.
See a moderator for details or to re-open the discussion
ShareTV® - The Online Television Community
About Us | Contact | Forum
[Switch to Desktop Version]