TV Forum » TV Show Chat » Unforgotten Season 3

appara2

This season begins with bones found alongside the freeway. After narrowing down the age of the bones from thousands to no more than 50years ago, the process of identifying them begins.

I enjoy watching Cassie and Sunny doing the legwork to get their answers! It comes down to a compound fracture, repaired with a plate that has an unknown manufacturers symbol instead of a number.

We also meet our suspects:
- Homeless man, income from selling his artwork, living in a van with a very cute pup!
- TV show host, family problems, most notably with his runaway son
- Doctor, mysterious allegations making him persona non grata in his professional community, and not particularly charming from what I saw
- Travelling salesman, giving himself peptalks that don't seem to be helping, a wife that is sick of waiting for his big score

I also noticed that everybody has somebody...except Cassie

soler

Got off track for a bit when[i] van boy [/i]returned to find a break in[i]. [/i]Frankie the pooch was missing , could not get settled until he turned up hungry and went straight to his bowl. lol Might have Dr. Finch wrong , seems to have been quite helpful towards van boy in getting him straightened up after the break in . That woman making accusations against him seems to have a history of launching complaints with a monetary motive as basis. Will keep an eye on Finch as he is not out of the woods yet. Another peel of the onion has Cassie and Sunny turning up at the door of a very nervous James Hollis who lawyers up immediately. That phone message he left ' they come about the girl ' was a good way to end Ep. 2.

appara2

Chris, Hobo Artist - Did he strike you as being a little simple? What are the chances that the one time he has cash his van/home gets broken into? Asif's mom seems to be sincere in caring about him? I really didn't expect her to accept the proposal! At the end of that scene I was like, open the door and grab that dog!! He's been gone all day and now you're just going to leave him outside???!!

Dr. Finch successful GP - He was very gentle, helpful and caring toward Chris wasn't he? He could have been justifiably pissy in the restaurant because of the sideways looks he was getting from all the townspeople. It does appear that he has been falsley accused. It looks like his daughters chose to live with him over their mother, so he's got that in the plus column.

James Hollis, author, tv host - Something is up with him and NOT just because his son is causing him grief. At first I thought he hesitated to go to the door when he heard it was the police, afraid it was news about Eliot. Then, first thing out of his mouth is that he needs a lawyer? Seriously? Then straight to calling his son with the news...

Pete Carr, life fail - It sounded like he left at a youngish age to make a name for himself in Hong Kong? Could have been running away? He really picked a bad time to commit fraud!! LOL

It is too soon to point a finger at the murderer, but Eliot Hollis has made it onto my list of suspects.
It also flashed through my mind that there could be more to the story of the surviving twin.....

soler

[b]appara2 [/b]... definitely something going on between James and Eliot Hollis . This is the first breakout in the case . This is so much like real life murders . Think back on the conversation between Cassie and Sunny with John Bentley , one of the original investigators into Hayley's disappearance. ( John Bentley played by Alastair MacKenzie of Monarch in The Glen fame ) he seems very genuine , his team mates did every thing possible at the time but every lead turned nowhere. He had a look on his face of genuine regret that they lost 5 days treating her as a run a way. A big leap for Cassie and Sunny was that mate of Hayley's who came forward with info. she held back for fear of getting into trouble with her parents . Hayley cleaned the rental as a favor to her , This is info. the orig. team did not have. In my area the police bring up Cold Cases on anniversaries .. 10 , 15, 20 year mark. Just to put it out there for any body who may have even the slightest bit of info. that may not seem important to come forward.

appara2

Yes, the original investigators had no real reason to think that Haley was dead, more likely had gone off with her much older boyfriend to London. I wonder who suggested that theory? The twin?? Also, the boyfriend, now teacher at a girls school? He was 20ish at the time and Haley was 16? I don't think I would put him on my list, but I do think that his days at that school are numbered...

Is it just me or did the friend that came forward look way to young be in her mid 30's now? LOL
Her revelation was a big leap toward solving the murder! If she was young, and the hot date was older, he sure wouldn't want it to be known, and being young you don't want to put yourself in the spotlight when you know you are doing wrong either.

Speaking of Age, any idea how old Eliot is? I am starting to question who James called. He said Dad, but was it Eliot on the other end? Is 'sweetheart' a common endearment for a son? or more for a daughter...or girlfriend?

soler

Hard to tell how old Eliot is .... with all that makeup on. lol That last scene with James on the phone ... I think it was deliberately staged to confuse . Reran that scene last night . He calls the person on the other end Els ' this is dad ' , could he be talking to a daughter possibly. Who's name could be Elizabeth or Elly . With that sweetheart comment thrown in I can't think he was talking to Eliot since he is still struggling to come to terms with his sexuality. I would never expect a father calling his trans son sweetheart . [b]Brit[/b] ... bout time we heard from you on this ... [url=mailto:$#@#$]$#@#$[/url] where are ya. ????

appara2

Yes, maybe I'll zip over to the last convo and see if we can get those two over here. Perhaps with the lure of murder and mayhem? LOL

I was going to watch again too. I wasn't really paying attention to the first wife, the one James left 17years ago (cue ominous music) and see if I can catch her name. Perhaps there is more to that, other than showing him being nasty by rubbing in that he replaced her with someone better?

This is Easter weekend and I have a houseful of people coming. Not sure how long some will stay, but I know a few will stay right through till Monday. There goes my sit on the sofa and binge myshows time!! LOL

britmystery

I'm here! (Raising my hand here in New Jersey). I am late to the party I am afraid.

I am going to keerp my comments short, my wifi is acting up today, don't want to lose my post.

The actress that plays Hayley's twin sister, Bronagh Waugh, has been killing it. Soler mentioned how emotionally charged the final scene in the first episode with her, and I felt the same. Her emotion and portrayal in this second episode was equally compelling.

Excellent, excellent cast in this season. I too wish they would leave the animals out of the mystery plot, I was on pins and neddles until Frankie came back. I was worried that something happened to him, that whomever broken in took him away and he was lost. Why even go there, we could do without it. Let them take the stuff and leave him out of it. I was getting quite annoyed with Hobo Artist as he sat on his hands doing nothing about it. Yes, I understand he has issues coping and he shut down, but Man, when your dog (your family) is gone you do what you have to and pull yourself together AND LOOK FOR HIM! DO SOMETHING! Thank goodness all was well.

britmystery

I also was surprised [b]Appara2[/b] that his proposal was accepted, pleased for him, but I did not expect that outcome. His (now) fiancee showed no emotion at all when he popped the question, I took it as she was unreceptive. That was not the case, they do seem to need each other and that underlying need, acceptance and support can grow in to a loving bond. Who knows what will come, but for the moment a little ray of sunshine.

I don't think it was Eliot that James called, for the same reasons you both mentioned, it was someone else. We had just been through the scene between the two and their relationship is much too strained for James's demeanor in voice and the diologue itself. There is another person (I think) in the picture. I do feel there is a possibility that Eliot was involved, not the in the murder itself, but he knew of, or saw something, that happened at the time of Hayley's murder that has affected him greatly. He is carrying a burden around with him.

britmystery

I am just going to throw this out (and then I must be off). So far so good, the Wifi is not acting up. This is my gut talking, nothing we have seen on screen would lead us to believe this, but the sirens are going off in my head. Yes, Dr. Finch can be a nice guy, he certainly helped Chris when he needed it with the break in and did it with great patience. I also think he has an ulterior motive in doing so. He is protective of Chris and I get the vibe, feels an obligation to be so.

britmystery

Oh boy, that posted before I was done! Well anyway, there may be more there than pure altruism. There is more beneath the surface there. What we need to find out, does it have anything to do with Hayley's death?

What I am driving at is I think Dr. Finch has a Jekyll and Hyde personality. I believe the accusation of the daughter of the elderly sick woman. Yes, I know she is expected not to be believed based on her past history, she has cried wolf and taken advantage of situations for monetary gain it seems, and I expect that she has. I also have a feeling that she has overall issues with the medical community that drives this to some degree. Knowing this, and they were sure we heard all of it.... [i]I believe every word she said[/i]. Yep, to the contrary of it all, I truly believe she was telling the truth in this instance. Don't take your eyes off of this one, because I think that Dr. Finch has a bigger role yet to play in all this.

[b]Appara2[/b], a house full of company, what fun! Enjoy the holiday! Easter is one of my favorites, along with Thanksgiving. It is a time of rebirth. The hubs and I will be spending it quietly this year, I tried to get my family all together, but it wasn't to be. So, I am doing the next best thing, going out for Easter Brunch, the two of us. I haven't done that in quite sometime and I am looking forward to it.

soler

Think you're right about Dr. Finch [b]Brit . [/b]In the promo for next weeks ep. it shows a short clip of the daughter of the victim screaming at Finch [i]' you got another side to you ' [/i]and she said it with very strong conviction me thinks the ' good ' Doctor needs a close watching. The fact she got history with medical examining boards is coming back to haunt her in the one case she may be right.

appara2

Sorry you two, I think Dr. Finch is in the clear. He may know who killed her, and be part of the coverup, but I don't think he did the deed.
Would he have overdosed a whiney patient? I really don't think so. I think it's more like a case of a kid crying and the parent saying 'keep it up and I'll give you something to cry about' (this could be a unique to Canada phrase).
I believe that if he were the murderer, and if HoboChris had something on him, Chris would not be part of this story, at least not as a living person.
On the other hand, he could be Jekyll and Hyde, and if that's the case perhaps his ex-wife has good reason to stay far from him...

hmmmm, wishy-washy might be a label to be pinned on me.

britmystery

[b]Appara2[/b], I wouldn't go as far as to say he did it, there is nothing to implicate him (or anyone else at this point), but I do think there is more to his character than we are being led to believe at this point. There is a dark side, where that leads us is anyone's guess at the moment... the next episode hopefully will enlighten us a bit more. He is on my radar, big time. ;)

appara2

Hope the Bunny dropped some delish chocolates for y'all!! It's Easter Monday and my house is back normal.
I didn't get a chance to watch any of MY Sunday shows (Les Mis, Unforgotten, Killing Eve) yet, as hubs and I decided to watch our Discovery of Witches and he watched his Game of Thrones after the last of the company left.

appara2

Good morning! Is everyone caught up?

A few more details revealed!
So, the Good Dr. moved up on my list a little, still not at the top by any means.
I wish they would come out and say how old Eliot is/was. It's pretty obvious that he/she is going to be a part of this story, but I'm thinking 9ish? at the time, so probably only a witness to what happened?
Sneaky Pete is building an alternate revenue stream? I predict that is going to backfire. He has now also moved up very close to the top of my list.

Cassie has somebody!

britmystery

[i]Cassie has someone! … [/i]And, she has very good taste. [i] [/i]

soler

Cassie and Sunny gettin' closer one step at a time. They know that everyone of them is lying about the murder night. They were all out of the house ( around 11 ish ) when Hayley was out and about. Yes appara2 , Eliot ( wonder if his father calls him Els ) would have been a kid and could possibly tie them all together in the murder which was probably an accident. Dark horse , for me is van boy. This guy ( bi polar ) went from CEO with a prestigious address to living in his van. Need to know more about this guy. As the peel continues ………...

appara2

Soler, that phonecall, the softness and pleading tone, is still bothering me. I don't like to go there, but I'm wondering if James, the man behind planning the alibis for the group, might be revealed as a predator. Not unheard of in the entertainment business lately. Teen girl, fought back, young son, awake and watching, traumatized.....
I agree with you about Van boy. I don't trust anyone that can just leave his dog behind when he goes off somewhere?! Of the four, he is the weakest link, and Cassie has him in her sights.

Yes, yes she does Brit. LOL Perhaps having someone in her life will give her the courage to step in between her dad and that scheming woman!! It wouldn't look so much like she is the clingy daughter. I just hope it's revealed that the dad that has the memory problems, not Cassie!!

soler

Yes [b]appara2 [/b].. James seems to be at center of this business. I am thinking about the conversation between James and Pete Carr . James was anxious to get off the phone as he had to be somewhere , Carr said something to the effect " Just 10 more seconds .. I need a massive favour " scene ends without letting us know what the favour was . Next scene with Carr has him walking into his kitchen where his boss is there to confront him about the 3,000 lb. ( don't have a lb. symbol ) My point being 3,000 English lbs. is a lot of money , over 5,000 Cdn. dollars. He hands this over to his boss with a flimsy excuse . Where did broke Pete get that money . From James maybe . He got that money so fast. Is this a little bit of blackmail going on by Pete. He did tell his wife things were going to get better just after she told him it just wasn't working. Food for thought . Cassie running into the kitchen to grab the pot on the hot stove , then checking Google for early signs of dementia gave me a chill .. too close to home for me.

ShareTV® - The Online Television Community
About Us | Contact | Forum
[Switch to Desktop Version]