TV Forum » TV Show Chat » A Discovery of Witches

appara2

Another UK (sky1) show premiering here in Canada tonight on AMC.

It's scheduled for right after 'Into the Badlands' so I'll just keep my TV on the channel and give this one a watch. Looks interesting, and being from the UK with only 8 episodes the storyline is going to move along quickly.

appara2

I am enjoying having something other than police, legal or medical on my viewing schedule!

The settings are stunning! The characters are engaging, the plot is moving along at a good pace. Mystery, magic and romance. Hope there is going to be a second season!

soler

Meant to take a peak at this[b] appara2[/b] ..... but it just never happened. Do ya think AMC might run it again over summer ?

appara2

Sometimes AMC does a marathon just prior to a new season starting. I have noticed that happening with a few of their shows. It could be next year, depending on if there is going to be a Season 2. I see ads for this on Sundance/Shutter, I don't have those channels though.....

laura1

Oh I love this show!

appara2

ME too!! LOL

It took me a bit to get all the demons, witches and vampires figured out. Also why the mysterious book was so important to all off them, but once I figured out all their connections, and separated the schemers from the helpfuls, it was a very interesting show! I read that there are going to be three seasons, so am waiting patiently for the next to appear!

laura1

yeah! me too it was confusing at first LOL
then it got clear and it's an amazing show! so who do you like best? Matthew Clairmont has a lot of charisma and mystery and those "vibes"

appara2

The charisma between those two is obvious, right from the get-go! You can tell when she is near just by his body language. The same goes for Diana, it's definitely a 6th sense thing.
I haven't read the books, but I might give them a try after the TV series is over, just to see how much of the backstory was changed to accomodate the conversion from paper to screen.
I would have a hard time picking a fave, but I can sure tell you I don't like Peter Knox or Gerbert D'Aurillac! I felt bad for Juliette, she really didn't have a choice on how her life played out?

laura1

I felt sorry for Satu Jarvinen she's just a victim really. And that last scene! talk about cliffhangers!
I think Mat went alone in the time travel. I think next season is about finding him again. What do you think happened?

appara2

Satu is a very powerful victim! LOL I think Satu is the only one that could bring Diana down. The way Peter recruited her, and fed her the story of Diana being dangerous, we couldn't really blame her for the attack? But, with what she saw when she was torturing Diana, she knows that Diana would also be the one to end her, so it's going to be a tense season!

Pretty sure that Diana and Matthew went together. He doesn't have the 'ability' to travel, so he could only go where she takes him. The problem being, she doesn't have all that much control yet!

appara2

Oh, there's also the baby. Not sure when the due date is, but that is a whole other plotline for the next season.

laura1

oh I totally forgot about the BABY! a vampire and a witch I think? I forgot anyway should be very interesting episode for sure.
well the last scene at the end of the season we can see only Diana and not Matthew, I thought maybe she sent him somewhere to protect him.

appara2

I think Sophie has to be very careful, she's the daughter of witches, but was born a daemon. Her husband Nathan is a daemon, but it's anybodys guess what the baby will be. Also, Nathans mom is high up in the 'congregation' where they are all barely civil, each section wants all the power.

laura1

I think Sophie is a very interesting character and her mom too. Wonder if the baby will be a demon or witch.

appara2

Spotted this on the web....
Harkness confirmed season two will follow the second book in her All Souls series, Shadow of Night, and will find the cast traveling across 16th century Europe. Time will be also be spent catching up with characters residing in modern times, according to Harkness. Season two’s 10 episodes kick off on Sky One on January 8, 2021. A release on AMC’s Sundance Now and Shudder will follow on January 9th.

I hope it comes to air on AMC soon after this!!

ShareTV® - The Online Television Community
About Us | Contact | Forum
[Switch to Desktop Version]