TV Forum » TV Show Chat » Doc Martin

alastair

There's also a rumor that Dwayne might be returning to Death in Paradise..

(Good to have my avatar back! Had to log in and out several times for that to happen. Onward and upward..)

britmystery

[i]There's also a rumor that Dwayne might be returning to Death in Paradise..[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]
[/i]
No, really! That would be a good thing, even if he only visits for a time. I missed the last episode with Ralf Little so I have to wait for it to be re-aired again. I re-watched his first episode last night so it will be a few more weeks before it comes around again.

Lucy Worsley is back on PBS with her series [i]Royal Myths & Secrets. [/i]I hate to say this because she[i] [/i]is a grown woman and I should be able to find a better way of describing her, but she is so damned adorable! How can a person be born with such charisma - it is rare and a blessing (at least in her case) that is for sure.

alastair

I totally agree with you about Lucy Worsley. She is awesome! They still show repeats of Secrets from time to time here. Worsley is personality plus!

Are they still broadcasting the old episodes of the Doc where you are? They're well into S4 here, when Louisa is pregnant and Edith is trying to stoke the flames..

britmystery

They were Alastair, but for some reason it stopped, at least for the time being. I don't know how far they got... I don't think they finished the previous seasons. No word about S9 as yet, not even a hint. We both know that PBS shouts the new season from the rooftops starting at least a month before it airs. Something tells me S9 won't be shown until the Fall (at the earliest) by me.

alastair

I think so too..

britmystery

Guess what, the old Doc was back on last night on my local PBS. As I said, they put it on hiatus for a while, and they did that quite early on because they are still in the middle of S3.There is a long way to go before they complete the series in anticipation for the new season.

alastair

Good news! I think my favorite episode of S3 is when actress Lucy Robinson appears as old chum of Louisa. Both Clunes and Catz shine as actors, well written too..

alastair

Brit, speaking of Andrew Davies earlier, I've been rewatching one of my all time favorite classic Masterpiece Theater series, To Serve Them All My Days, on Acorn. As with Upstairs Downstairs, it just draws you in and you forget you're watching actors. You feel you're eavesdropping on real people and their lives. Highly recommend!

loyalty77

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

alastair

Also, several years ago I spiced together my original Betamax recording of Alistair Cook's introduction and commentary from the early 80s of TSTAMD, to the updated Acorn recording. The result was amazing...like turning back the clock. It gives an added perspective to the program. Cook was always awesome!
Anyway, Brit, if your interested, I could forward you a copy to view and discuss? Just let me know..

britmystery

I would love that, [b]Alastair![/b]!!

alastair

Wonderful! Just send me a private message or email the address..

britmystery

Alastair, sending you a private message.

alastair

Thanks, Brit!

I just saw that Florence will be returning in S10 of Death in Paradise, but sorry to hear Ruby is leaving, along with the current DS. I remember you once said Florence was a favorite..

ShareTV® - The Online Television Community
About Us | Contact | Forum
[Switch to Desktop Version]