TV Forum » TV Show Chat » True Detectives

kezzam99

Does anyone know if the new HBO TV series True Detectives will air on iTunes?
Looks like a good show, with Matthew McConaughy and Woody Harrilson in the lead roles.

charle99

Guys Is the show that intresting ???

deedee713

Yes, it's excellent. I couldn't begin to explain what I saw, and perhaps that's a good thing since you have to experience it for yourself, but Harrelson and McConaughy are outstanding (and Kevin Dunn is always a welcome sight) and it is edge of your seat riveting.

Television like I haven't seen it for a long time.

kezzam99

I can't wait for True Detective to appear in iTunes. I don't know how else to see it in Aus. Thanks for your comments on this show deedee713, I'm even more excited about getting hold of this show. It looks great!

deedee713

You're welcome, kezzam99. I'm spoiled, in that I have it on Showtime. Try not to read anything on it, if you like to be surprised. It, like Sherlock, is as much about the characterization as it is about the procedural. The direction and acting are, for lack of a better word, suffocating, in a good way. I found Boss and Luck to have that same [i]do NOT look away, even for a second[/i] quality, and I admire current television productions that can pull that off.

Enjoy! Enjoy your sun, too, we in NY are snowbound......again.

kezzam99

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to watch the show! I really enjoyed Boss too. I hope you're coping ok with the snow. I have seen quite a lot about the weather situation in NY. You seem to get very extreme weather there of late. I don't think many people, outside the US realise how cold it can get in NY, Chicago etc. Very hot day here in Aus. 35 degrees Celcius (95 degrees Fahrenheit) with 80 percent humidity! Plenty of sunshine that's for sure! Looking forward to it cooling down a bit.

Keep warm there in NY!

deedee713

The show continues to astonish. The cinematography is spot on, and the acting and characterization are perfect. The writing is taut and compelling, and I am still riveted for the entire hour (or whatever a show is nowadays).

I haven't been this impressed by a television show (outside of the British mysteries, of course) since Homicide: Life on the Street.

Watch it however you can, and please add some posts here?

deedee713

It just dawned on me, what the opening song by The Handsome Family reminds me of. Yes, the opening chords are a ripoff of Del Shannon's Runaway, but the body of the song is reminiscent of Repent by Leonard Cohen.

Yes, the music and the characters and the storyline stay with you long after the show is over. It has been renewed, but I don't know how they will recreate this season. One never knows, do one.

kezzam99

I have finally managed to get to watch the first 3 episodes of this amazing show. I relented and subscribed to Foxtel (our only cable co in Aus) and can now watch True Detective. It is exactly as you describe it deedee713. I am totally transfixed when I watch this show. I find myself concentrating on every word, especially when Russ speaks. The script is fantastic and they make the show feel claustiphobic, humid, gritty and intense. I've never been to Louisiana but am I correct in that this show portrays the feeling there well? Can't wait for episode 4. Do you know how many episodes are in the first season?

romeo53

just download it foxtel sucks

deedee713

That took a big commitment, kezzam99! I don't blame you. Glad you are enjoying the show.

Your words describe perfectly how I feel when I watch the program - I simply cannot look away.

I've not been to LA either, but I would hope the show depicts the culture there accurately.

Episode 4 is on Feb. 9th, delayed because of the Super Bowl, and there are a total of 8 episodes. From what I've read, the next season will have two new detectives - or not, who knows!

I don't think anyone expected it to be this good, I know I didn't.

kezzam99

You're absolutely right deedee713, I thought it would be good, but it has certainly exceeded my expectations. It is a very atmospheric show with creepy undertones (Silence of the Lambsish feel to it at times). Especially the way episode 3 finishes with the guy with the gas mask, underpants and boots. Very creepy.

That's ok, there are many places in Aus that I have never visited either. Silly of me to expect you to know about LA just because you reside in the US. Oh and please don't base us Auusies on our new Prime Minister - we are nothing like him! One word - Embarrassing! Anyway.

Thanks deedee713 for the episode info, much appreciated. I look forward to watching the next 5 episodes. I think we are about one week behind over here. I wish we had access to all the great US shows.

I also agree with romeo53, Foxtel is pretty ordinary. If it wasn't for it being one of the few ways to have access to watch True Detective I'd cancel it. I really wish we could get the HBO channel here!

kezzam99

Hi romeo53. Yes I agree with you about Foxtel! Wish I could find somewhere to download it then I could get rid of Foxtel.

romeo53

ive sent you a message kezzam99

kezzam99

Thanks romeo53. I've just got your message.

deedee713

kezzam99, I think you'll enjoy this:

[url=http://truedetectiveconversations.tumblr.com/]http://truedetectiveconv
ersations.tumblr.com/[/url]

One more day!

kezzam99

Hey deedee73, that's brilliant! I did enjoy that, thanks :-) True Detective must be affecting me because i'm making Louisiana chicken for dinner tonight! Really looking forward to the next episode. Let's see where Mr gas mask, underwear and boots leads us. Can't wait.

deedee713

Lost my long-winded post again by somehow clicking in the adverts - this site [b]REALLY[/b] should fix this most [b]annoying[/b] flaw - so here's a link for you, kezzam99. This episode was better than I thought at first viewing.

[url=http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1722001/true-detective-long-take.jhtm
l]http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1722001/true-detective-long-take.jhtml[/
url]

deedee713

More to like about this show, i.e., the music:

[url=http://www.tunefind.com/show/true-detective/season-1]http://www.tunefi
nd.com/show/true-detective/season-1
[/url]
I don't dare type more, lest I click on the adverts and wipe it all out.

kezzam99

Sorry you lost your post deedee713, I always enjoy reading your updates. It is annoying to lose all that info. It has happened to me too. I'll have a good look at the links when I get home today.

ShareTV® - The Online Television Community
About Us | Contact | Forum
[Switch to Desktop Version]