TV Forum » TV Show Chat » General Discussion

jsdfwe23

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

jsdfwe23

soler

Yes [b]Brit [/b] .. over all this was a good ep. but ticker tape vest boy was not my choice as killer , had my eye on Django Keet for a while but he would seem too obvious . As you , I like the team but Valk ( Warren ) is as dry as the Kalahari . I agree , he never changes . He reminds me of someone who's face has too much Botox , just a solid mask , not a moving face at all . lol The ending was kind of suspenseful ( knew there would be no explosion ) would button boy be talked down or would that sharp shooter earn his pay that day. Don't know what to make of the scene with [i]sniffer [/i]the dog .... what if she had no room for the dog was desert boy gonna take it then . 3 more Valk eps. coming up or is it 2 Like what's comin' up . by the clips it showed at the end .

Clean - up done , ( good neighbors ) thought we had it bad , poor Fl.

britmystery

Florida did get hammered, [b]Soler[/b]. Drying everything out, the mold and mildew that will remain - it is going to take forever for Florida to get back to it's former self, if ever.

I know the homes in our shore area - those that got flooded close to the waterfront (in land fared better) - if the property was not gutted and completely redone the house holds the mold/mildew from the areas that were water damaged. You can't totally get rid of it by doing a patch job. It is a problem and can be a real health hazard for people. Many of the homes have been totally rebuilt, some though, due to insufficient insurance/a lack of funds, were not. You need to be careful these days when buying or renting a property.

So glad to hear your clean-up is done! Good neighbors are a blessing...I have a few, and then I have some that I could do without.

I watched the clip about the upcoming episodes too, I think there are two more... of the two, the finale episode really caught my interest. Looking forward to that one.

britmystery

I am midway through my second viewing of E2, [b]Soler[/b], I will finish the last 40 minutes or so tonight. I did pick-up details I missed the first time around, so I am glad I am doing these re-watches.

I found the investigation more straightforward this episode, which I prefer, it didn't go off on tangents as it did in E1... I don't need the added fluff of all the ME's nonsense - yes, we know he is colorful, but let's get on with it and keep the investigation professional and moving forward and they did that, which actually made the episode also seem less choppy, which is a plus.

The ending to the story though...what the heck was that! It was decent until then. I was like "your kidding me, all that gruesome death for that". I won't say more just in case you haven't finished the story yet, but boy, what a letdown.

And Van der Valk, what a pain in the patootie he is - run Lena run (and keep going). Save yourself the aggravation.

soler

Yeah [b]Brit [/b] ..... gotta love how they do their murders .. quirky murders ... first Ep. was the wind farm crucifixion murder and the second Ep. was the torso in the box murder . Can't wait for the third ep. ta see how that murder is done . Ending was lame in Ep. 2 . and Lena would be better getting a dog than picking up with ol' smiley . Still got a few more Emmerdale's in the PVR queue ta catch up on .

britmystery

Hey [b]Soler[/b], wishing you a (slightly) early Happy Thanksgiving!

If you have access to HBO Canada please check out the series "C. B. Strike". I binged the first season last night (continuing story through the three episodes). I loved it. There are three more seasons to follow and I am hoping the quality stands up throughout.

soler

[b]Brit [/b] ... thanks for the Thanksgiving wish . HBO is not a stand-alone channel here , it's part of a streaming service called Crave . Only streamer I have is Netflix and sometimes force myself to watch something on it so I can feel I'm getting my money's worth . lol [i]C.B. Strike [/i] sounds like something I could get into and if one of my cable channels picks it up I'll be right there. Found a little obscure cable channel that plays a lot of Brit shows , Scott & Bailey , Doc Martin , Summer Wine , Lewis , Prime Suspect , Emmerdale , Broadchurch , Miss Fisher . A lot of these I PVR but not Lewis , first time around was enough for me .

iahhelpsuk

britmystery

[b]Soler[/b], if you haven't watched "Broadchurch" as yet, I highly recommend it. The first season was groundbreaking for its' time, so many series followed its' format after it first appeared for years after. At this point, things have moved on from that type of storyline, but it is still a great watch.

Surprisingly maybe, my favorite season is S2, I have rewatch it at least four times. First viewing I didn't get it, I was not seeing what I expected from the trial, but that was the whole point as more and more detail and information came out and things did not go as planned. The best part though, was the second story which ran the entire episode. Fabulous stuff, it held your attention and the acting by all the characters/actors was top notch.

Don't get me wrong, the first season is a definite watch, but once you have seen it, and have done a rewatch of the episodes for detail, you know who did it and it is done. The second season, because of the two storylines, has a whole other vibe. I didn't care for the third series at all, I may watch it again (it will be airing soon) just to see if I have changed my mind with time.

britmystery

Feel the same way about "Lewis", I tried to rewatch it since it has been airing on my local PBS station, got halfway through one episode and gave up. I was thinking to myself how bad the show really is, you know I didn't care for it until S5 anyway, I was okay with it from that point to the end, but I don't think I would even enjoy any of it now. Funny how time changes our perspective... although you disliked it from the beginning. You were absolutely spot on, my friend.

Finale of "Van Der Valk" was great! Best episode yet. Lena surprised us all. (I will say no more!)

soler

Haven't watched any Broadchurch yet [b]Brit [/b]but have a few in PVR .. will give it a go. Enjoyed that last ep . of Van der Valk. lol Had ta back up the PVR and crank up the volume after that one line came out of Lena .. just ta make sure I heard it right , thought ol' smiley was gonna fall off his chair. lol Gotta admit , didn't see that comin' . Ending was good , with Hester Gill showing off her car park marksman skills . .

Fun watch

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNJ-hBA_-80]Walk of Life - Dire Straits - Sven Otten - JUSTSOMEMOTION - w/lyrics - YouTube[/url]

britmystery

So fun and uplifting! Some fab dancing there and so nice to see people interacting in a positive way. Thanks!

Lena has more to her than we thought! A more complicated person than I surmised. I didn't see it coming either... I watched the scene twice myself.

Hey, when Piet called it off with his "we need to slow down" stuff it was supposed to be "a okay" with the world, everything was running on high and he screeches it to a halt with those fatal words...then we end E2 with his "Hello Lena" and we (at least I did) think she runs back at his beck - well, things were not as they seemed on the surface.

It was a good ending to the episode. I wish we saw that more in the real world where still too often the rich and powerful elude justice.

Lucienne is a badass in my book, she knows how to handle herself and has become my favorite character in the series.

Angela Lansbury has died at the ripe old age of 96. So sad, we are loosing a whole generation of wonderful talent that brought so much to our lives.

We lost Peter Bowles this year as well, I mentioned it back in March when he passed, but I was so consumed with my sister's health at that time, I really did not have time to mourn his loss. It has hit me now. The man brought me back to British TV later in life and I will always love and remember him for it.

Here's to "To the Manor Born" and all the wonderful characters Ms. Lansbury brought to life for us. May she RIP.

britmystery

FYI, Soler...

[url=https://www.bbcamerica.com/blogs/british-icon-of-the-week-midsomer-mur
ders-and-bergerac-star-john-nettles--1059867]https://www.bbcamerica.com/blo
gs/british-icon-of-the-week-midsomer-murders-and-bergerac-star-john-nettles
--1059867[/url]

soler

Can't drop this down[b] Brit .[/b].. see it's about Nettles and MM so I'm keen to view it. Can you resend please.

britmystery

Sent it through email, Soler. It is a short summary of JN's major roles as they named him "icon of the week"... he just had his 79th birthday, which is the major thing. I didn't realize that John was quite so up there in age.

Ian McShane turned eighty recently.

appara2

the gangs all here!
Just popped in for a few seconds to make sure you check on your Sunday Schedules
Something(s) shiny & new landing on PBS -
Annika, Magpie and for me . . . Ms. Scarlet

I love Broadchurch and have re-watched the first 2 seasons - and season 3 (2017) just beginning!

I recently read that VanDerValk has finished filming season 3, I'm hoping for a fall release next year for Canada and the US?

How's your sister Brit? is your homelife getting back to a normal routine?
and Soler great to see you survived the storm! Some of my ex-relatives were without power for a few days.
Here everything is the same - except I have decided to send my mandoline to the landfill - along with the end of my baby finger!!! Even so, my Thanksgiving dinner was still a hit! LOL

sheerwater

Robbie Coltrane star of "Cracker" and "Harry Potter " dies age 72:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63261204

britmystery

OMG... so sorry to hear this, [b]Sheerwater[/b].

[b]Appara[/b]! Waving from New Jersey! So happy you popped in. I will get back with updates. (Sitting in the WF's parking lot as I write this). Couldn't wait to respond until I got home, hearing such sad news about the loss of Robbie Coltrane and having the good news of hearing from you.

Also [b]Soler[/b], if you are able to open the link from my email there are a few nice videos of John included in the article.

britmystery

[b]Appara[/b], those mandolines can be hazardous... no fun when a finger gets in to the mix. Maybe it is best it is lieing in the landfill. Two thumbs up to you (no pun intended) that you carried on and Thanksgiving was a triumph.

ShareTV® - The Online Television Community
About Us | Contact | Privacy | Forum
[Switch to Desktop Version]